BrightFish Reading Student Experience
Struggling readers often lack the confidence, focus and motivation to be effective readers. Engaging students and making reading achievable – even enjoyable – are critical success factors in improving proficiency.
BrightFish Reading uses a Mastery Learning method that combines text deconstruction and game theory to create a rewarding environment for students. In scaffolded activities, students “construct” high-interest text from words and phrases up to full passages to build fluency and text automaticity, vocabulary and higher-order comprehension skills. Using the BrightFish mastery system, students move from simply decoding text to comprehending it along their personal path to active reading.
BrightFish Reading Teaching Tools
Monitoring student progress and providing targeted remediation are critical to making gains in reading. BrightFish Reading provides online monitoring tools that make it easy to manage classes from any connected device – whether students are in class or learning remotely. Convenient graphical reports and notifications are accessed 24/7 in the online Teacher Dashboard using a secure login. Reports can be viewed by week, month, quarter or year-to-date.
- Daily Notifications: Review Daily Notifications for missed skills and standards. Actions can be added to the student file for review or printing at any time.
- Custom Time Ranges: Set the Snapshot report for weekly, monthly or semester views of usage, scores and completed stories. Export report data for gradebooks and other reporting.
- Detailed Error Data: Get detailed data with scores in each area of fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and writing activities. Print or review live with students for small group lessons or 1:1 support.
BrightFish Reading Data Management
School and district administrators are looking for centralized, secure tools to monitor and manage their programs. BrightFish Reading provides role-based, online dashboards for administrators with drill-down views to all data collected by the BrightFish system.
- Secure Student Rostering: Enroll students using your preferred rostering tools. Enable secure rostering from Clever, Google Classroom, ClassLink – or by importing lists directly into the BrightFish system.
- Licensing and Access: Assign roles for co-teaching and account management. Set your training options and weekly targets – all from your online administrator dashboard.
- Progress Monitoring: Monitor usage and results at the district, school, class and individual student level, based on access rights and licensing.
- Testing & Gains Reporting: Schedule tests, monitor results and track gains in real time. Download reports for printing or integration with school or district grading systems.
Try BrightFish Reading in your classroom absolutely free for 14 days!
Are you a Parent or Student looking to enroll? Click here.